Readings: Donald Murray’s “All Writing is Autobigography” and Roland Barthes’ “The Death of the Author.” Then answer the following questions in essay format:
1. Who do you find yourself agreeing with more about the importance of the author: Murray argues the author has power to control interpretation by being selective with details and because the author’s childhood informs their writing style and story types. However, he agrees the reader gets final say on interpretation. Barthes argues the author can misinterpret their own work, and their texts are just borrowed quotations, images, and touchstones from culture. Thus, the author is not really creative, and we should not take the author, their interpretation, or the author’s life into consideration at all when interpreting literature. Who do you agree with more? Why? Do you think both make good points? Please explain
2. Did you like one style better than the other? If yes, why? If you didn’t like either writing style, why not? (it’s difficult is not an acceptable answer)
3. Why do you think I assign texts that are considered incredibly difficult (Like Gee and Barthes) this early in the semester? What is the purpose? What can be gained from challenging yourself to work with more difficult texts?
This paper must:
• Be typed in Font Style Times New Roman size 12
• IN MLA format
• At least 1 full page
- Who do you find yourself agreeing with more about the importance of the author: Murray argues the author has power to control interpretation by being selective with details and because the author’s childhood informs their writing style and story types.
- Compare and contrast self-defense and defense of others.
- What is a Developmental Psychologist?
- Write a speech on why abortions should be legal. it should have an attention getter, thesis statement, analytical thesis, expository thesis and argumentative thesis .
- Do you think Hong Kong will become more like China in the next few years, or will China leverage Hong Kong as an asset to engage more capitalistically in the international marketplace instead?
- Discuss about coronavirus plunges Canada’s economy into the abyss.
- Explain how tax avoidance differ from tax evasion?
- What type of ad agency would you envision yourself, i.e., local, regional, national, international, full-service, small boutique, general consumer, business-to-business agency?
- What observations can be made about your relationship to screens?
- Write a reflection and critique of Campbell’s Lunenburg Letter.