MUST BE UK WRITERS What Makes Family Learning Effective? An essay of 1500 words, allowing 10% either side. Learning Outcome Critically appraise the knowledge, methods and skills required to facilitate effective family learning Assessment Criteria 1. To demonstrate an understanding of family learning and its aims 2. To discuss the benefits and challenges of family learning in your chosen setting 3. To critically appraise the knowledge, skills and methods required to facilitate effective family learning 4. To refer to relevant professional and theoretical perspectives throughout Suggested outline for the essay – “What makes Family Learning effective?” • Introduction, set out your main themes and debate the title • Critically analyse family learning and its purpose • Discuss a context/setting where family learning takes place. Explain the benefits and challenges of delivering family learning in your chosen setting • Critically appraise the knowledge, skills and methods required to deliver family learning • A conclusion which sums up your discussion • Word count • Reference list must be a minimum of 20 with UK writers. Recommended reading list! Popular education practice for youth and community development work. Book by Dave Beck; Rod Purcell 2010. Social pedagogy in the UK: theory and practice. Book by Kieron Hatton 2013. Creating a learning environment for babies and toddlers. Book by Ann Clare 2012. Supporting learners in the lifelong learning sector. Book by Marilyn Fairclough 2008. Recovering informal learning: wisdom, judgement and community. Book by Paul J. Hager; John Halliday 2009. Dimensions of adult learning: adult education and training in a global era. Book by Griff Foley 2004. Child & family assessment in social work practice. Book by Sally Holland 2011. Involving parents in their children’s learning. Book by Margy Whalley; Pen Green Centre (Corby, England) 2007.
- Write a short three paragraphs explanatory essay stating your opinion.
- What population is affected?
- What would you recommend to improve the governance systems in Japan, Germany, and China, respectively, given the governance devices described in Chapter 10?
- Conduct your own physical experiment using the scientific method.
- Which element of the so-called “sinification” of Marxism by Mao Zedong and Liu Shaoqi do you believe would help to make Marxism more attractive to other late industrializing countries?