2.3 Theresa Davis is in the 40 percent personal tax bracket. She is considering investing in HCA (taxable) bond that carry a 12 percent interest rate.A. What is her after-tax yield (interest rate) on the bonds?B. Suppose Twin Cities Memorial Hospital has issued tax-exempt bonds that have an interest rate of 6 percent. With all else the same, should Theresa buy the HCA or the Twin Cities bonds?C. With all else the same, what interest rate on the tax-exempt Twin Cities bonds would make these bonds and the HCA bonds equally advantageous?
- What population is affected?
- What would you recommend to improve the governance systems in Japan, Germany, and China, respectively, given the governance devices described in Chapter 10?
- Conduct your own physical experiment using the scientific method.
- Which element of the so-called “sinification” of Marxism by Mao Zedong and Liu Shaoqi do you believe would help to make Marxism more attractive to other late industrializing countries?
- Explain how you would describe your topic in relation to socialization?