One of the leading continuous quality indicators that U.S. health care managers struggle with is population-wide health equity monitoring and improvement. This indicator seems to unfortunately remain isolated from the “mainstream” process of continuous quality improvement. Because of this, health care managers remain relatively uninformed about the health equity impacts of organizational decisions, despite the ease of data gathering and assessment brought about by the advent of electronic health records. Please read the following article, then answer the Case Assignment questions. Cookson, R., Asaria, M., & Ali, S. (2018). Health equity monitoring for health care quality assurance. Social Science & Medicine, Vol. 198, 148-156. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library. The questions: 1. How can the monitoring process suggested in the article help in revising the processes used inside the United States? It’s working in England—so could it work in the United States? Why or why not? Justify your answer using credible, peer-reviewed sources. 2. What are five of the current inequities in the United States health care market that should be addressed? Document each inequity using credible, peer-reviewed sources. 3. How can each of these inequities be best resolved to the satisfaction of all stakeholders? Explain your ideas for resolving the five inequities to your stakeholders in a few concise paragraphs. Assignment Expectations: Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your analysis. Provide a response of 3-5 pages, not including the title page and references. It is required that you show the formulas and calculations performed to arrive at your answers. As we have multiple required items to be addressed herein, please use subheadings to show where you’re responding to each required item and to ensure that none are omitted.
- What are some aspects that you have observed while reading Don Quixote that might stand out as unique and different from the other works we have read so far this semester?
- Discuss how the field of psychology addresses the lack of diversity of trained psychology professionals within the criminal justice field?
- What do you make of Gregor’s initial reaction to his transformation, and what might this tell us about his relationship with himself and society or his family?
- What purpose or effect does this narrative strategy have on the readers’ experience of the story once we witness the process of colonialism in the final third of Things Fall Apart.
- Discuss some of the reasons as to why planning is an important function of management.