Identify specific standards in the NASW Code of Ethics that relate to the social work practice principles described in this chapter: acceptance, individualization, nonjudgmentalism, objectivity, self-determination, access to resources, confidentiality, and accountability.How do value conflicts impact ethical decision making?How might personal values and biases positively or negatively influence practitioners’ work with diverse groups?Why is self-awareness an essential quality for professional social work practice?
- What were the most important cases that the court relied on, and why?
- What population is affected?
- Describe the roles of the nurses in disaster planning and actual disasters.
- Compare and contrast the two primary crime data sources used in the United States, i.e., the Uniform Crime Reports (UCR) and the National Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS).
- What is it that might motivate individuals to associate with these types of groups?