Americans are very proud of their free speech rights but few know that America has the most expansive free speech right in the world. The right to free speech in America includes the right to hate speech, the right to spend as much money as you want on politics (Citizens United, ch. 5), the right to burn the American flag and the right to create pornographic and obscene content. Recently, Nick Kristof in The New York Times exposed the web site Pornhub for distributing videos of trafficked women, of women being suffocated and asphyxiated, of underage girls having sex, and of women who were coerced into having sex via entrapment (i.e., they were raped). We are also the only developed country where completely baseless hate speech is allowed to be distributed. Research the extremes of free speech that are allowed in the U.S. and write 5-6 paragraphs on whether you think the right to free speech in America goes too far. Make sure to employ the cases in Chapter 9.
- Value-Based Purchasing Presentation
- Ethics and Medical Intervention
- Define and explain the concept of Integrated Theories. Identify and discuss an Integrated Theory of Criminal Behavior. What is Early-Onset Delinquency. How can we stop it?
- Current Issues in Multicultural Education: Writer can use from a list of articles
- What do you know that you did not know before? What will stick with you? What new perspectives, approaches, and ideas do you have about multicultural education generally, but as it relates to your own professional life as a teacher?
- Mario Bunges article: Technology as Applied Science. Read it carefully and explain: i. How does he define pure science, applied science and technology
- multicultural competency?
- The Supremes Greatest Hits Chapter 8 by Michael Trachtman
- The Social Learning Theory of Crime: criminal behavior through the scope of a serial killer
- The supremes greatest hits chapter 9 by michael trachtman and freedom of speech