SUM201 Design Management
The assignment for SUM201 is an opportunity to evidence your ability to analyse and evaluate in context the following two Learning Outcomes (LOs):
• Apply this knowledge and understanding to specific aspects of the management process relevant to the built environment.
• To monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the processes thus implemented.
There is a need to evidence and attempt to understand and apply the content of the module notes. There is also a need to link your work to the research
literature covering the subject area of the assignment.
Identify a case study building for analysis. The building must have been built in the last 10 years. The case study can be a building, structure, or built environment infrastructure project (e.g., transport hub, bridge, etc.)
From literature and/or by primary research you are required to investigate, analyse, and critically appraise the drivers impinging on design development from project inception to completion. This should include consideration of the parties involved, and the factors which shaped the design development. What was the impact of the client on the project? How did the interdisciplinary teams communicate and collaborate? How did technologies (e.g., BIM) impact the project? What was the impact of the design on the project cost and facilities management/ maintenance? In relation to this, critically analyse how communication, collaboration, and information management influenced achieving specific aspects of the project.
• Carefully analyse the assignment task. Bear in mind the key focus of the assignment is to critically appraise the determinants, generators, and constraints
impinging on design management.
• Your case study choice should enable you to provide an appropriate aspect of design management for review and also develop your understanding of the relationship between underpinning principles and application in practice.
• There are two routes for developing the case study. The first is from literature (secondary sources), for example, the Scottish Parliament, Wembley Stadium, or similar buildings which have been well published in the Built Environment technical press. The second route is to develop the study using project documentation you have access to (primary source).
• Refer to the module learning outcomes before identifying the main concepts, issues and arguments you plan to include in your study.
• Make a plan of how you intend to structure your response to the assignment task.
• Identify access and evaluate all resources which may be required to develop the study.
Do you want to hire the most trustworthy assignment expert writer? If yes, then your quest ends at MyAssignmenthelp.com as you can avail qualitative online assignment help here. We strive to make a positive brand name for ourselves when it comes to offering academic assignment help. The credit goes to our team of 3000+ PhD and Master’s level expert writers who provide authentic assignment help services. And it is because of them that we have got such a huge network of customers from nations like USA, UK and Australia. If you have any doubt regarding the assignment help material provided to you then put forward your queries through our 24/7 live chat support facility.