Question 15 2 pts The deer tick, Ixodes scapularis, transmits the Lyme disease bacterium. This tick produces an unusual amidase enzyme that digests the Lyme bacterium’s cell walls, preventing the bacterium from multiplying much in ticks. Molecular analysis reveals that the gene encoding this enzyme is phylogenetically related to bacterial genes that bacteria use to compete against each other. No other animal gene resembles this amidase enzyme gene. How did this gene evolve in ticks? Like most genes, via repeated mutation and selection Via tandem duplication and neo-functionalization Probably by a sifting and winnowing process in which ticks randomly re-assembled other genes Via horizontal gene transfer from bacteria into arthropods Ticks are more closely related to bacteria than other animals, so via a common
- Assignment Question: Tourism policies provide a necessary and crucial direction for a destination’s tourism industry, influencing and affecting strategies and decisions made in relevance to the growth and direction of the industry.
- Phoenix Ltd’s sells silk scarfs. It uses the Periodic Inventory System and prepares financial statements at the end of each month. The following information is provided in relation to its inventory at the beginn
- Write a history of art paper due about George Floyd and the equality stamps
- Describe the process that you would go through to develop a business plan for your organisation. 2. What are the performance objectives and measure of your organisation? You sho
- You are a Supply Chain Procurement Manager working for a large manufacturing company located in North America. Recently, you have found out that one of your suppliers is in contravention of your company’s standards of engagement because they are employing persons