For this assignment we will focus on the creative arts: art, theater, music, and dramatic play.
- Find a website which will provide teachers with either activities or resources for one or more of the creative arts. This needs to be a website not from the textbook or the online readings.
- Provide the url and name of the website.
- Briefly summarize (1 paragraph) what the website provides or is about. Make sure to tell what area(s) of the creative arts it supports.
- Find a specific activity, lesson, resource, or other item from the website that you could use in a classroom for young children (ages 2 to 3rd grade). Make sure this is clearly identified (labeled, named, url link to that specific part of the website, etc) so that I can easily see it.
- Describe and discuss what this is and how it fosters creativity.
- Give at least 2 ideas/ways this could be used in a classroom for young children. Make sure to tell the age/grades it is appropriate for.
Many classroom teachers continue to teach social study information about different cultures through the use of holidays. This is not usually done in a culturally appropriate manner. Find an activity which teaches a cultural holiday to young children and list the url. Explain how you would change this activity to make it more appropriate for use with young children using more appropriate multicultural approaches. Be specific and provide examples. Also, answer the following questions:
- Where do you stand on this approach to curriculum?
- Have you seen this approach in your observations or practicum?