This module seeks to develop student’s skills in research methods applicable to business and related areas. The module will provide students with an understanding of the principles underpinning rigorous and ethical management research.
The module is designed to develop an understanding of the concepts and processes involved in conducting effective research and to develop the necessary practical skills required to enable students to conduct an academic research study. The module focus will enable students to plan for the undergraduate-level business research project.
- Evaluate the relevant processes, design strategies, and methodologies involved in the execution of a business-related project.
- Assess a range of both quantitative and qualitative research tools and techniques.
- Identify appropriate research samples.
- Develop research questionnaires and develop appropriate interview strategies.
- Analyze secondary data.
- Identify and select appropriate sources of information, evaluate appropriate data collection methods and techniques of analysis.
- Prepare a formal written proposal to undertake a project.
- Undertake an analysis of a particular topic by making use of appropriate methodologies.
- Draw conclusions about a particular topic drawing upon the analysis of a topic.
- Relate the analysis to the context of the literature on a particular topic.
The assessment requirements for the Undergraduate Business Research Methods module, in addition to the generic Level 6 University Assessment Criteria and correct use of the required referencing format and style, include the following module specific criteria:
- Introduction and background: A rationale for the proposed research project;
- State the aim and objectives of the research;
- Provide an outline review of key underpinning literature;
- Provide an outline of the research project strategy and its data requirements;
- Outline the key findings so far from your secondary research.
- Outline anticipated milestones in the preparation and execution of the project – create a Gantt chart and describe the project journey.
The post BIN3020: Undergraduate Business Research Methods Module Purpose- This module seeks to develop student’s skills in research methods applicable to business and related areas. The module will provide students with an understanding of the principles underpinning rigorous and ethical management research. The module is d appeared first on My Blog.