Assignment 1 brief:
Assessment Task Description
You are required to prepare an individual presentation paper on your career plan.
Select a field of professional interest: Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Information
Technology, entrepreneurship, International Business, Accounting or Project Management,
Then you need to identify your dream job and career paths within the selected field. You
will also identify your strengths and discuss how they will help you with your chosen career
path; and areas for improvement (weaknesses).
In the presentation paper:
• Describe a given professional field of your interest
• Discuss and analyse your career paths
• You may use graphs to illustrate your career paths
• Identify your strengths/weaknesses and link them with possible career paths
• Identify possible challenges and discuss how you can overcome them with your
• You can write in first person for this task
A maximum of 15 PowerPoint slides and 1000 words max of supporting notes.
NOTE: Turnitin will not display slide notes if you submit your work as a PowerPoint
presentation. Therefore, you must export/convert your slides into a Word document and
select the option to include notes below the slide prior to submission!
Format and Layout
Please note the following when completing your written assignment:
1. Writing: Written in English in an appropriate business/academic style
2. Focus: Focus only on the tasks set in the assignment.
3. Document format: The presentation should include;
A title page
The main body
4. Ensure a clear title of your presentation, course, and name or ID number is on a
cover sheet and a reference all sources using Harvard style of referencing.
CCCU BA(Hons) Business Studies with Foundation Assessment Brief TemplatePage 3
5. Research: Your research should use reliable/credible and relevant sources of
information e.g. academic textbooks, academic journals that have been peer
reviewed. The research should be extensive.
The use of a range of information sources is expected – academic books, peer reviewed
journal articles, professional articles, press releases and newspaper articles, reliable
statistics, company annual reports and other company information. All referencing should
be in Harvard style.
Marking Criteria and Students Feedback
Common Assessment Criteria (applied to all parts of the
1. Research-informed Literature: Extent of research and/or
own reading, selection of credible sources, application of
appropriate referencing conventions.
2. Knowledge and Understanding of Subject: Extent of
knowledge and understanding of concepts and underlying
principles associated with the discipline.
3. Analysis: Analysis, evaluation and synthesis; logic,
argument and judgement; analytical reflection; organisation
of ideas and evidence
4. Practical Application and Deployment: Deployment of
methods, materials, tools and techniques; application of
concepts; formulation of innovative and creative solutions to
5. Skills for Professional Practice: Attributes in professional
practice: individual and collaborative working; deployment of
appropriate media; presentation and organisation.