Assessors: Please return this cover sheet to the student with assessment results and feedback. A copy must be supplied to the office and kept in the student’s file with the evidence.
Satisfactory Not Yet Satisfactory
Assessor Signed: Assessor Name: Date:
1. Identify four (4) situations where research may be required to support and improve own work practice:
2. Name 5 considerations when evaluating credible sources of evidence
3. Name and detail how you would structure the development of a research proposal
4. List two (2) requirements for obtaining clearance to conduct research
Here you have to complete two research activities, after completing the research develop a range of actions that can be implemented within your own field of practice (in your current workplace or it might relate to the field with which you intend to work).
The workplace can be an actual workplace or a simulated environment that reflects workplace conditions.
You have to the of suitable facilities, equipment and resources, including current research, evidence-based studies and industry intelligence.
Nominate the areas in which you will conduct research and describe the problems, issues that you need to explore
Write a report detailing the research, the research results and any conclusions or recommendations. (1000-1500)
In your report and for each of the research activities explain:
• how you identified the situations where research was required
• why the results search was necessary
• the practices that the research was addressing
• what are the intended expected outcomes were
• how the research was conducted
• the method used to collect, collate and evaluate information
• how the information was used—in particular in terms of feasibility, benefits and risks
• conclusions that were drawn from the research
• procedures that were followed to document conclusions, suggestions and recommendations
• methods that were used to action the research results
Your report must be clear, clearly set out with appropriate headings, lists, graphs, charts, tables etc.
The research can apply to any community service area and practice improvement, for example aged care, youth services, youth justice, alcohol and other drugs, mental health, disability services etc.
In the report the participants must show that they have taken appropriate action to:
• identify the need for research
• define clear research objectives
• appropriateness of all information need to be used
• conduct research in a systematic and logical manner
• use the information to assess feasibility, risks and benefits of proposed actions
• using research conclusions try to determine whether there are any other issues requiring attention
• develop procedures that will improve practice and are based on the research findings
• explain why these improvements are important