1. As a tourism specialist with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), describe three (3) ways in which your agency could assist an emerging country wishing to expand its quite meager (at present) tourist industry. How could resident responsive tourism play into this?2. As the food and beverage manager of your resort hotel, make a few suggestions as to how you might employ Hi-Tech/Hi Touch. In what other areas of tourism can or will technology change the tourism industry?3. How has tourism changed over the past few years and what changes or trends do you see happening in the future? Think in terms of existing markets and emerging markets. Hotels vs AirBNB. Ecotourism. Consider future travel needs and how the industry can better manager future unknowns like pandemics.
- What population is affected?
- What would you recommend to improve the governance systems in Japan, Germany, and China, respectively, given the governance devices described in Chapter 10?
- Conduct your own physical experiment using the scientific method.
- Which element of the so-called “sinification” of Marxism by Mao Zedong and Liu Shaoqi do you believe would help to make Marxism more attractive to other late industrializing countries?
- Explain how you would describe your topic in relation to socialization?