2. Synthesize a wide range of academic literature in order to evaluate critically current research and contemporary issues in accounting or finance.
3) Utilise and apply relevant accounting and finance models, theories, and concepts in order to produce a properly researched written report.
4) Gather and organize the evidence and draw appropriate conclusions based on a sound understanding of the models, concepts, and theories utilized.
5) Produce clear and coherent written work, supported by appropriate references to the sources used (using the Coventry Harvard method of referencing).
Suggested Dissertation Topics
1. Corporate Reporting
2. External Auditors and Fraud
3. Forensic Audit
4. Risk Management Process
5. Corporate Governance
6. Corporate Social Responsibility (Corporate Sustainability) and Stakeholders
7. Accountants’ Ethics (Does Board’s Independence Matters?)
8. Impact of interest rates and exchanges rates on stock prices
9. Islamic Banking in the modern world
10. Impact of Non-Audit Services provided by external auditors
11. Fundamentals in stock market
12. Mergers and Acquisitions in various industries
13. Tax impact on countries’ economy
14. Goods and Services tax – a burden to the people?
15. Accounting and Modern Technology
16. Earnings Management
17. Market and public information in the fluctuation of the market share index
18. Importance of audit for big corporate houses
19. Investing in financial markets
20. Risk taking in businesses from an accounting perspective
21. Benefits of sensible investing: a study of how it affects the growth of a business
22. Benefits of accounting information system and its uses in different industries
23. Existing tax system in your country on the people of lower income groups
24. Benefits of business accounting with the advent of modern technology
25. Various accounting procedures that all businesses need to undertake
26. Financial stock markets and its relations with stocks, commodities and currency
27. Debt management for a business firm
28. Accounting ethics and organisational culture
29. Monitoring liquidity levels using financial accounting tools
30. Asset and liability management in a banking sector
31. Capital structure determinants within an SME framework
32. Valuation for mergers and acquisitions
33. Capital budgeting under pressure as seen in developing economies
34. Roles of management accounting and financial accounting in an industry
35. Relationship between CEO qualities and stock performance
36. Traditional auditing and risk-based auditing
37. Emerging economies and audit firms
38. Challenges faced by external audits due to fair value measurements
39. Is taxation a human rights policy?
40. Taxation policies implemented in the developing nations affectingSMEs
41. The rationale and ethics behind non-profit organisations being exempt from tax
42. Is electronic bookkeeping gradually paving its way past accountants?
43. Financial disclosures as observed in an electronic accounting environment
44. Scope and limitations of accounting for e-commerce sectors
45. Challenges faced by electronic accounting systems of Internet service provision
46. The role of accounting information systems in the decision making process for medium and large economic enterprises
47. Major accounting frauds of the last decade and the need for ethical judgement
48. Application of ethical judgement in the case of quantitative accounting techniques
49. Various methods of financial accounting
50. Financial reporting requirements for non-profit accounting
51. Role of auditors in predicting and preventing the economic downfall of a country in times of global recession
52. Options for growth within mortgage-backed securities
53. Customer satisfaction within the banking sector of a country
54. Environmental risk disclosure
55. Governance family-owned businesses
56. A study of accounting conservatism, financial institutions and debt contracts
57. Role of accounting information in affecting the cost of capital of large business
58. The issues, challenges and prospects of environmental accounting measurements
59. Best accounting practices for online businesses
60. Value of rapid information for modern accountant
The post 385ACC: Advanced Study for Accounting and Finance 2. Synthesize a wide range of academic literature in order to evaluate critically current research and contemporary issues in accounting or finance. 3) Utilise and apply relevant accounting and finance models, theories, and concepts in order to produce a properly researched written report. first appeared on essaypanel.com.